Online Enrollment

Enrollment Advertisement

We’re glad you’re spending the year in Geary County Schools USD 475!

When to use Returning Student Online Registration:

  1. If your student is currently enrolled and attending a school within our district and will return to that same school for the coming school year, you will use the Returning Student Online Registration link through Family Access.
  2. If your student is transitioning from 5th grade into one of the middle schools or from 8th grade into the Freshman Academy, use the Returning Student Online Registration link in Family Access; use the link for the school your child will be transitioning INTO for the coming school year. If you do not remember your login information click on the  Forgot your Login/Password? link to reset your login information.

Transfer Request Process – Transfer Request forms will be available through the school office April through May. Please note that schools have a maximum number of students that can be accepted.

When to Enroll as a New Student:

  1. If your student has never attended a school in the USD 475 School District, you will enroll as a new student.
  2. If your student has previously attended any school in the USD 475 school district, and has withdrawn and attended a school outside our district, but is planning to return for the coming school year, you will enroll as a new student. Please note, if, during the sign up process, you use the same email address associated with your previous Family Access account, you will be prompted to reactivate that account. Please only use the New Student Online Enrollment link once you’ve logged into your Family Access Account.
  3. If your student is currently enrolled and attending a school within our district, but will attend a different school within our district for the coming school year, you will use enroll as a new student. (Please see step #2 of Returning Student Registration for 5th and 8th Graders)As you go through the online process please read the instructions carefully before moving to the next section.)

Before you begin please gather the following documents:

New Student Requirements:

  • Kansas Certificate of Immunization Card
    • Any student entering Geary County Schools for the first time must present certification from a licensed physician that s/he has received all immunizations as required by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.  By Kansas state law, no student shall be permitted to attend school until s/he has received the required and most recent appropriate immunizations in all required series.  
  • Required Immunizations
  • Child Health Assessment (Physical examination for children eight years-old and younger)
    • Parents or guardians must present the results of a Child Health Assessment at enrollment.  This assessment must be completed within 12 months of school entry or within 90 days after school entry.  This also applies to preschool children entering school for the first time.  The Kansas Health Assessment form can be downloaded in pdf format or obtained at your child’s school.
  • Proof of Identity (Birth Certificate [Required for Kdg.], current passport, or driver’s license) 
  • Grade Cards, Certified Transcripts (This will help counselors place your student(s) in appropriate classes).
  • KSHAA Physical Examination (7th through 12th-grade students)

An annual physical examination is required by the Kansas State High School Activities Association for student participation in interscholastic activities.  This exam must be completed prior to the first day of practice and not before May 1 of the previous school year.  This form can be found above or can be obtained at the main offices of Junction City Middle School, Fort Riley Middle School, or Junction City High School. 

New Student Enrollment can be done online or at the school.

Attendance Boundaries and Maps – Attendance at each school is determined by the street addressTo find out which school your child will be attending visit the infoFinder website, type in your home address and the correct school will appear along with bus route information.  For questions please contact the transportation department at call 785-717-4000.

*The above video depicts the location of the Infofinder link on the previous version of the USD 475 website. An updated video will be produced, however, in the meantime Infofinder can be found by visiting the link above.

Parents/Guardians should be aware that there are additional items:

  • Activity fees may be included at the time of enrollment or during the school year. Refer to the student/family handbook for more information.
  • Child Nutrition packets, including applications for free and reduced meals, are mailed out or can be completed online in July. Paper packets should be filled out and returned to your child’s school.
  • USD 475 students who are currently attending, or would like to attend a school, outside of their boundary area will need to obtain a transfer form from the school they would like to attend. This must be done every year and approved by the principal.
  • If parents would like to make additions or corrections to their child’s emergency contact information, they will need to visit their student’s school office. Contact information should be kept up-to-date in Family Access/Skyward.